Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

It's More Than a March... It's a Movement


I have been moved by the spirit of the Millions More Movement. Moved enough to explore myself that much deeper. I encountered tons of folks that really gave me that love vibe, I also ran into some that had the 'nigger mentality". These people attended the march, but spent most of their time nitpicking and criticizing the event and speakers. I will not go any deeper on these folks; they do not deserve my time, energy or words.

I will examine myself to see what nigger qualities I have so I can rid them. Stay with me here, this might get ugly...


Freedom cannot be utilized by a nigger except as an opportunity to destroy himself and be an obstacle to the progress of Black people. Niggers view freedom as something to be feared because freedom is about taking responsibility for one's behavior, one's future and one's destiny.

I thought that moving out of the city would be freedom to me. I see that I failed in my thinking that moving away would cure my ills. I need my people, and I need to interact and give back to the community that raised me. The fact that I earn a good wage and I should recycle my dollar back into the hands of those that support me service wise is evident. I have a responsibility to those that gave to me. I must move back to the city to build, not separate and destroy.

A conscious nigger is a person that realizes that nigger mentality is a sickness passed down from slavery, but is too lazy or apathetic to struggle against it. Conscious niggers have given up on struggle and have deemed it easier to live by maintaining a close relationship with hard core nigger values.

For 3 years, I have watched the struggle of my people and have been critical, but have not moved to offer my hand. This as right now has ceased. I already crafted a plan to go into business for myself, and am also crafting a business plan to start a non profit organization. I will no longer keep my talent to myself. I will no longer sit on the sideline and watch us struggle, knowing that if I don't mobilize and get into action there will be no example to follow.

Nigger consumers never consider the power of the dollars they spend. They never consider making it a priority to support black businesses. Nigger consumers never consider the importance of saving or developing financial discipline. They don't use their dollars to support Black institutions, such as Black colleges and universities. Nigger consumers want to appear affluent by purchasing items like expensive cars that they cannot afford instead of saving money to purchase a home or invest in a business.

By leaving the big city and residing in the suburbs, I can literally see where my dollars go. I offend myself for letting things get this far. I am now saving funds to purchase a home next year, so I am more conscious than ever as to where my dollars go. I let go of my new car earlier this year and purchased a hooptie with cash. I have since fixed and continue to custom out my ride, thing is, I still do not come close to the damn near $1300 monthly I was spending in note, insurances and fuel costs. That was more than my rent! I opened up 2 investment accounts, and plan on having a business opened in the hood by second quarter 2006. My nigger mentality on spending money is what drove me out of the hood, and I used to wonder why it looked the way it does. Silly me. I never invested there, so it cannot grow.

Religious niggers naively believe that they are seen by the world as just a believer in their religion, but most people take into account one's race before his or her religion. People would respect them more if they knew that they loved and followed their religion but also loved and supported their people.

I have no platform when it comes to subscribing to religion. I have been Catholic, Baptist, a member of the Nation of Islam, and flirted with the Nation of the Gods and the Earths. I am no longer a member of any of these faith based organizations. There have been some that I even distanced myself from over the years. I believe in the Creator and all that he has given us. I have studied and respect many a religion and have no beef with any philosophy. I go to church, mosque and synagogue to learn and celebrate. I never gave thought to working with people of other faiths until I saw how we came together Saturday. It is imperative that I establish connections with my people and others that are struggling to uplift and make us stronger. The African Diaspora is vast in cultures, I need to make a better attempt to learn and understand as well as work with those that may look like me and those that do not. I just got the fact that the Native American, Latin, Asian and European man have a lot more to do with my culture and why I'm here than I originally thought.

I have to make sure that my Godly ways inside manifest themselves outwardly. I must become more aware of my purpose and the specific actions I must perform to be an asset to my people.

The call to establish various ministries that Minister Farrakhan spoke of has been forged in my memory. The sound of his voice resonates in my psyche and I'm stepping forward to do my part in establishing my part in the movement.

I just need to escape my niggerisms first.

Highlighted text are observations of nigger mentality as seen by CC Blackman



2 comments:

courtney said...

This is a really great post..I wish more black men would become inspired like you.

toneec42 said...

It is awe-inspiring the that you were able to take what you received over the weekend and honestly look at yourself, then make plans to change what you don't like. I am not familiar with Blackmon but I will be searching out his work for my own enlightenment.