Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Nothing new over here except for what's happening in Brooklyn

Nothing to really get in depth about other than the fact that I'm really sore right now from getting rear ended on Saturday. I slept a lot and things keep on getting tighter. The car suffered no damage, but I took a good jolt that caused the seatbelt to catch me and throw me back in my seat after physically leaving it.

Got a chance to kick it (somewhat) with NameLair and Nsane Lee Sane. By the time they got to Moms, I was in the pool with the youngn's... I just had to. I was stiff, the sun was out (and boy was it ever, it was damn near 100 degrees) and I had to keep moving. After all of that I had to get back to writing. I did get a chance to hang out with everyone I wanted to hang out with, and I got hella sleep. Now, the grind is back in session:

Long hours writing and making nonsense make sense with my lyrics. Gotta go and check out a new keyboard controller I saw over the weekend. Also, gotta learn up on my Mac skills so I can implement the new hardware and OS for home recording.

I got 2 new joints I put together that I will unleash on y'all before the week is done.
I no longer have writer's block and I seem to be cranking out some good ish. Let's hope things stay that way for a moment.

I'm starting yet another fast on June 1. I hope the fluster and confusion that makes up the first few days of a fast doesn't stop the creative flow. If all goes right with scheduling, I should have at least 6 or more songs done before I escape to Brooklyn...

And speaking of Brooklyn -
Gotta book my trip to NYC for the Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival, and I still gotta get to city hall in the ATL to finalize some paperwork for the cop job.

Another Brooklyn Happening



Check out Laylah doing her thang all up in Upscale magazine. I'm so proud and hapeee!!!


It's Wednesday, the weekend is almost here again. I need another one... stat!

No comments: