Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, May 22, 2006

The Want

I want to sit in a dark, quiet place.
I want to be alone.
I want to reflect on what was and
what could have been.
I want my mind to roam.
I want to be in past happiness
I want not emotions to flee.
I want to reside in that place in
your heart that you said that I'd
always be.
I want to be remembered.
I want to be in good graces.
I want you to be happier in all
of your created spaces and
places.
I want you to be married.
I want your husband to care.
I want you two to create new life
and be making love everywhere.
I want you two to make babies and
teach the things that we spoke.
I want them to have the knowledge
that you and your warrior cause
thoughts to provoke.
I want you to get that money.
I want you to live and stay paid.
I want you drown in abundance
stay in his bosom and share y'all
rich ways.
I want you to know that I'm
blessed.
I want you to know I am favored.
I want you to know if it don't
work out with this you know
you're my favorite flavor.
Cause' he can't do what I do.
And I know what I feel inside.
Also know I respect yours and
what you do but these feelings
can't hide.
So look for me when I'm passing
you by when you're out holding
hands in the street.
And know that I have a passion
for you like no man that you'll
ever meet.
Cause I can still taste all of
you and you know that shit drives
me crazy.
So when you give thoughts of
submitting to him I know that I
still am a maybe.
If he slips, forgets the woman
you are I'm here to share love
gave me.
So when pastor ask who gives her
to you, I'll say that this other
man made me.

2006 Hassan Olumoroti Ntimbanjayo

No comments: