Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

30 Days... 30 Posts: Day Fifteen

I've never started something I could not finish

I am working on various stories at the same time right now. That and my future print project keep me up all night

I usually come up with the fictional stuff right before I post it, but I still have a problem creating fictional stuff

Most of my work is based on factual events that happened in my life. One day I'll be able to spin some shit and make it dope.

My first work (if y'all didn't know, I am shameless about my joints) will arrive in print this spring.

I have another work coming that has been inspired by a friend. I'm now working on a handful of intertwining short stories.

I don't hate compliments. I've learned how to receive them I just don't know where to put them. I do appreciate them though

It's just hard to take when your work has been rejected and people have told you to suppress it for so long

I am doing this full time now and I thought that I would get a chance to get outside and play. Boy was I wrong.

Aloe Vera juice ain't that bad.

Cayenne fruit and ginger give me the shits. Good ones though.

I'm trying to avoid shoulder surgery but my rotator cuff is torn... Rehab doesn't suck, it's just time consuming as all hell

I hate that it's taking more time than usual to complete the album. And to think, I got another one to do (one spoken word, another hip hop)

Nag Champa and Egyptian Musk make my day. I burn about 20 sticks of incense a day

I have to meditate each morning to get it right. Otherwise, I'll fight you

When I sleep, I usually go to bed at about 6am, then get right up at 7 to SSS (shit, shower and shave) and then get out of the house

I train 4 days a week, even with my current kidney ailment, and I rehab my injured shoulder 3 times a week, other than that, I volunteer at the University hospital which is an unspeakable experience sometimes bad, most times damn good

I am not hooking up with the family next Thursday, that would make me a hypocrite

I'm drinking about a whole 6 pack of V8 each day along with 2 meal replacement shakes... I want a hamburger, except for I don't eat red meat

have you seen the new iPod twins but they're flash drives on eBay? Twice the capacity, can show video and much friggin less than the actual iPod. Smoking!

I need a show of hands to see who's watching the OJ thing?

Hands please...

SUCKAAAAS!!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree, aloe vera juice is good at first I didn't like the taste but I got used to it

You mentioned 6 packs of V8, wow, that's a lot...what is your goal?
Weight loss or gain?

I haven't watched anything on OJ, maybe I should...it must be good :) I was just browsing and stopping by to show some love from one writer to another

The Brown Blogger said...

I just got a hankering for it... So I buy it by the gallon.

Neither. I just refuse to cop out like a lot of folk and eat whatever is put on my plate. More of a veggie thing, and no I ain't eating that junk next week... Unless it's talapia.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope something here amuses and intrigues you.

Anonymous said...

cayenne fruit and ginger? dang.

wtf is wrong with OJ? geez

when you figure out where to put compliments let me know ... I don't know what to do with mine either.

I like coming here everyday and seeing a new post. we're almost done, though.

Ms_SoCal said...

Hey ... I haven't been following the OJ thing because what I hear makes him look like a damn fool.
However ...
I have been following that missing child in Florida. Where the mother either gave him away or killed him and then a month later killed herself. And they have tips or reasons to beleive that child is still alive. Interesting story, very interesting!

Nag huh? I like Supa Hit ... its a little stronger and made by the same company, try it!

Luke Cage said...

Once again I'm left out of the loop because a brotha hasn't been paying attention to his humble dwellings. First this Emmit Dancing with the Stars champions thing (which I didn't know folks were referring to Emmit Smith himself) and now OJ. So, what is Orenthal up to now..? Or do I even want to know?

Nice work as usual brotha Hassan. You should get work done on that rotator cuff man. That doesn't sound good at all..

Anonymous said...

Poor Frank ... Orenthal is putting out a book and a tv special on Fox, entitled "If I Did It, This is How ..." or some such nonesense.

Anonymous said...

Rheab is b*tch. i t ishard and time consuming. Do the surgery if it is necessary. You have to take care of yourslef.

The Brown Blogger said...

I'm trying to make sense of the shoulder thing, my former company doesn't want to pay for it so there's a ton of red tape.

I can't believe I'll watch the OJ thingee...

And I was rooting for Emmit

Aly Cat 121 said...

Aloe juice does wonders for the skin. I use it in the bath water. My Hunny drinks it. And ain't nothing like being regular, helps keep the body free of toxins. LOL. (ever tried rubbin castor oil on bad joints and soaking in a tub full of pumkin spice?)

The Brown Blogger said...

I do the castor oil packs with heat over the liver. I'm still in awe of the end results.

Pumpkin spice? Fill me in, please?

Rose said...

I see you like the Talipai too. I can't believe that I have been blogging straight for 15 days or it is sixteen now. But anyway it sounds like you are getting really healthy and fine there but don't you think you need more than 1 hour of sleep per day. As far as the OJ thingy, I'll probably read the book from the library or something. I think lawyers and policemen should read it to, maybe they will learn how to catch the next guy. Everybody's upset about this but I think we can learn from it. OJ is rich, he just wants an audience and that will be his downfall. He should shut up but since his conscious want to talk about it, let him.

Superstar Nic said...

I love those incents to!

I heard about the OJ thing but I have no clue when its coming on. With my luck it came on earlier tonight and I've missed it.

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

dang u do a lot.....v8 juice is the shit...lol

Anonymous said...

anyway why u drink so much v8 juice? Whats the purpose?

Gallis said...

I'm telling you, you need pilates for that shoulder. Will work wonders.

DivineLavender said...

I am turned off by the title thingy...not so much the Juice himself. How does he explain the title to his children? I mean dayum!