Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

30 Days... 30 Posts: Day Nineteen

I really didn't have much today.



I packed, talked to my brother in law and sister and gave notice on my intent to leave and watched a little football. I got out and bought supplies for travel and then got in a nap. Yes, I slept.



Next question!



My day had nothing to do with writing or creating. That is the first time that has happened since the month began. I need to buy batteries. I plan on taking a lot of flix Monday night during the Scion event featuring Big Daddy Kane...



How much of a fan am I? Check this:




That was the spring of 89. Me and my main home skillet and current manhole cover spinna DJ MorninMan was laying in the cut, cameras waiting at a long missed record emporium that gave us the imports, etcetera when a handful of hip hop ledgends stopped by. And yes, that's Flavor Flav back there and that cut off brother in the shot is the one and only rhyme animal Chuck D. This was the first, but not the last run-in with the smooth operator... I got rapport with Mistachuck via appearances, email and his blog, but Kane... Wow, I got stories. Thank the lord for cool ass Army bases next to cooler ass venues in the eighties and nineties.

This concert should be hot. It's been a minute

10 comments:

Kip said...

Ain't no half steppin it's the BIG DADDY KANE he and public enemy were one of the hottest acts back in the day. Chuck D turned out OKAY when Public enemy stopped rapping and hip hopping Flava Flav well he needs a little guidance in life he is a good brotha but he needs a little guidance. You should go by www.publicenemy.com Chuck D. writes at the website maybe you have been by before already.

BY Chance

princessdominique said...

Wow that's nostalgic! I remember seeing him perform at the Apollo. Yearrrs ago. I think he lives in the NC.

LadyLee said...

Now that's what I'm talking about, Hassan. I love Big Daddy Kane!!

So...Wise...Sista said...

NO you didnt! That pic is CLASSIC!

Gallis said...

OH. MAH. GUH!

I LOVED "I Go To Work".

You're telling us more right?

dawn said...

That brings back memories! I got pictures of me and Flav back in the 80's He put his clock around my neck and I got big 80's hair and just cheezin and chilling with Flav!! He was (at least back then) a really nice guy. I spoke with him over a few days we hung out. I can't believe where he is now. And just think when I met him Will Smith was also there and was a no body and I passed him up to chill with Flav! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I came up in the wrong era!!

Luke Cage said...

Going back into the time machine when Hip Hop was diverse and you could tell every rapper apart. Today's cats sound like the next cat and so on and so forth. Kudos for the photos that brought on the memory man. Peace!

NegroPino™ said...

so u leaving me again?

T. S. Snowden said...

Man that brought back some serious memories! Thanks!