Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

30 Days... 30 Posts: Day Tewnty Two

I thought I'd try to re post the pics from the Big Daddy Kane event from Monday night but I still cannot upload them onto Blogger. For some strange reason after I switched to the Beta version there are a lot of things touted that I can do but cannot for some reason or another.

I really wanted to get em up here for folks to look at after gouging themselves damn near to death and not having nothing better to do when football became too much, but to no avail. I'm sorry. I am currently on the road doing the hotel thing and my access to the net is spotty until Friday, so I don't expect to post until then. So for those that do practice the farce known as stanksgiving... Be safe and drive like you have some gat damn sense. As a trained professional truck driver dude, for some strange reason you people drive like bats outta hell on full.

Fulla likker
Fulla turkey
Fulla emotion because some random family member done pissed you off
Fulla football
Fulla bounciness (trying to make it to more than 3 houses to make a plate, so you bounce to another spot)

I've seen too many Honda Civic and Hyundai drivers think the interstate is Pole Position and just shoot around our 80 thousand pound death machines that we cannot stop like they have pinball bumpers on their shit...

Too many stupid ass folks that drive while sleepy - It's a Department of Transportation regulation that we get 10 hours a day in order to drive safely, what about your staying up all night trying to cook cause I ain't gotta work tomorrow ass?

Too many people that have too many people in the ride and think they got eyes in the back of their head. And on the sides of the car, and on the roof... here's a tip: Leave some of those folk where they be. Uncle Ruckus'll get em.


Remember this:

It takes the length of a football field in order for us to stop an unloaded trailer on a perfect dry day at 40 MPH. Imagine what it'll take for me to stop if I had a full load, there is bad weather, holiday traffic and I'm pissed because I can't see the game or be with my family unable to get a friggin turkey giblet.

I lost a co-worker at the hospital I volunteer at last Sunday. She had her man, her best friend and her best friend's man all in the car and they all died because she fell asleep at the wheel. The other three in the car were sleep too.

I'll miss em' really I will, but...

STUPID!!! (four grown folks in a car... all of em sleep and no one wanted to spring for a hotel?)

I know you wanna get over to grandma's or over to auntie's house for that annual bidwhist tournament, but...

Is it that serious people?

Drive safely... that's my tip and wish for this next couple of days off. Act like you got some fucking sense. And drive the speed limit. Please. And without drowsiness.

Be easy my people... I'm sleep until 3:45 tomorrow afternoon, then it's TiVo and a fruit salad.


And more sleep.

1 comment:

Rose said...

That' sad about your co-worker and her friends. But I am of the belief that if it was their time even a hotel couldn't stop it. Remeber the guy who died in an airplane last week, he cheated death cause he was supposed to be in the plane that hit that apartment building with that baseball star in it a couple weeks ago. He changed his mind about going with them and two weeks later he was dead in another airplane crash..