Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

30 Days... 30 Posts: Day Thirty's Final Post

I know, 3 posts in one day is a little mad, but this one caps things off. I was going to post the finale of the story of 'the kid' who went to that party, but I have someone I'd like you to meet:


This is Hassan. He looks kind of stressed. Hassan has had sex this year and although he processed the proper forms and led the investigations on his sexual partner(s), he still cannot be sure that he's okay as a result of a few hot nights of passion Hassan is thinking of a way that he can reassure himself that he is safe and disease free and make sure his partner(s) didn't pull the okee doke on his ass
Hassan knows that tomorrow, December 1st is World AIDS Day, and that free testing will be given in countless places thruout Chicago, and in your neighborhood for that matter. What's better than free, you say?
Knowing that you're safe from the cooties.


Get in the know. Get that ass out tomorrow like Hassan and get tested.

16 comments:

Gallis said...

First bitches.

And I have mentioned Hassan that you make me WAIL?

Yes.

Yes. I believe I have.

princessdominique said...

This is a freakin' awesome post! Glad to know there are still people who don't lay it down without getting tested.

The Brown Blogger said...

and wrapping it up, and dental damming it if need be, going together to get tested BEFORE they lay it down and infosharing with others, especially the ignorant the youth to make sure we all know, be safe and stay informed...

Anonymous said...

I love the post best of all! I am so proud that I know people who are so sexually responsible that they protect themselves, get tested regularly, and spread the message.

One more reason I could just kiss you!

Ladynay said...

Simply loved this post/advertisment! That last pic had me literally LOL!

Responsible black man, gotta love it!

aquababie said...

i loved this post...a funny psa! i hope folk don't forget to to this. i get all my tests done yearly :)

LadyLee said...

Good public service announcement, Hassan... We gotta be responsible! Good deal!

NegroPino™ said...

Great PSA !!!!! tHAT HAD MY attention though. U should smile more often...

*snake*bite* said...

Brilliant - pics were cool.
Take care.

Have a wicked weekend

xxS*Bxx

Kip said...

Good to see you are aware of AIDS day man, and I hope you have ben doing well keep it up man.

TJ said...

nice, and yet funny...

Rose said...

that was so creative....great pictures

Anonymous said...

BOY u need your own show...lol lol lmao...glad to know you wraps it up s well as ya face...lmao

T. S. Snowden said...

Excellent post! And the perfect public service announcement!

Luke Cage said...

Kudo's and mad props my man.

Lyrically speaking said...

Nice pics, beautiful smile :)the face of Zeus the poet