Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Coming Up For Air

Happy March campers!

Okay, so I took Black History Month off in order to get some things done. I had a bunch of things to do to properly secure my future as an artist and a writer. Let's see...

I quit my job
I slept and ate both in Texas and Georgia
I went back into the trucking industry
I got rid of even more stuff and now my possessions can fit into one bag

and a knapsack.

I got one step closer to getting to Africa by securing the new gig
I let a few so-called friends go and made a few new ones
I even got a 'Dear John' letter from someone I considered a friend


So February was busy as hell and I really didn't feel like blogging worth a damn. I did read and try to keep up and I see that I wasn't the only cat that decided to enhance my calm. A few folks even decided to call it quits, I can't do that.

Well not just yet.

Cool thing about the new gig, I travel and live on the road throughout the week and have weekends off, and I'm already working on making a few stops in NYC and ATL my surrogate home on those weekends. I made a hell of a lot of calls and sent a whole lot of emails as well as using standard postage getting promo materials out so I can do my thing and sell a few CDs and books. I'm almost done.

I have no clue when I'll get back to blogging on a regular basis, I'm back on the 'Hassan Cross-Country Ya Dig Tour' starting Wednesday. I'm headed out west this week and then the road back east gets travelled the week after that. I'm back in Chicago the last week of March/first week of April, so I'll try to keep up, take a lot of pics and update as much as I can.

I love busy.
Unless it's chilling with my brother
Or struggling thru that Chicago cold

Or chilling with my niece, even if it means a cleaning billOr just lamping in Houston

14 comments:

Sweet KeiKei said...

i love busy too!! i just have to get out of this rut so i can get it poppin! good luck to you on your journey!!!
xoxoxo

Rose said...

Hassan your neice is so beautiful. I have to clean out my closet to. Much love as you travel though.

the good nurse said...

Travel safely..and glad u are allowing the calm to soothe u.

Shai said...

Hassan, go for it! It takes guts to do something new and what you really desire. Amazing things happen when you step out on your dreams. My poetic Essence magazine debut was a dream from so long ago and to see it to fruition is awesome.

Enjoy the ride on this new adventure.

princessdominique said...

Just stopping by to wish you well...

T. S. Snowden said...

All that and no lyme disease...nice.

Tasha said...

Be safe, enjoy your journey(s)!

Anonymous said...

ooh you are doing ya thing man...traveling is the ish! I just love that pic of you all wrapped up in the Chitown cold

Anonymous said...

ooh you are doing ya thing man...traveling is the ish! I just love that pic of you all wrapped up in the Chitown cold

aquababie said...

i'm glad to hear you're doing your thing! i love your pictures from the road. post when you can and be safe :)

Gallis said...

Rock on dude.

So...Wise...Sista said...

I wanna hear all about the road!
Be safe.

Aly Cat 121 said...

I'd love to take a road trip. We'd have to get a dayum apartment on wheels with 3, plus one more baby. LOL

That's good you doing your thing. Ain't nothing like cleaning house and started fresh.

LadyLee said...

You are such a busy, busy man, always on the move and on the go.

...and I LOVE that!

Be safe!