Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Lil Brother's Bornday

I can't believe this cat turns 27 today.

My brother Alonzo...

  • I remember when I used to change his diaper
  • chase his nekkid ass around the house to make him take a bath
  • Play fighting and wrestling all the damn time
  • us hanging out, thus keeping him off the corner
  • moving into him and my sis' apartment in when they were in undergrad
  • watching the crew cry at his high school graduation
  • dropping his ass off at Northern Illinois University
  • seeing the Sox clinch the pennant in 1993
  • doing the super bowl thing each year (that's us cheering the Bears on in the SB above)
  • seeing him fall in love
  • standing at his side at his wedding
  • being in the room when his first born was born
  • witnessing him as a father on the daily - and do it right
  • staring at him and Pops - marvelling at the resemblance
  • just being his friend


I am proud to even know you man. Even prouder to know that you are the college grad, husband, father, brother, son, youngest supervisor on the job and grandson in the greatest definition. I am proud that you call me brother. It has been a surreal, but blessed experience to see you grow, I hope to live to see you pass all that you are to your great-grandkids.

I love you bruh...

Happy Birthday

.

.

.

.

Don't Forget

5 comments:

DivineLavender said...

I love my brother too! Glad more of us love my little bros!

Real Talk!

Peace of Dredloc,
DivineLavender

*ever gonna tell me what makes your hair smell so freaking good? Ever? Does a sistah have to wonder forever!* Dang!

Gallis said...

Holy cow! You guys are two peas in a pod! LOL!

T. S. Snowden said...

great post and lovely sentiments

aquababie said...

happy belated to your lil brother! what a tribute :)

Rose said...

Family means alot to me and I see for you too. Glad to see two brothers chillin.