Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Thursday, June 28, 2007

I'm really not feeling it...

I'm coming off my so-called weekend and am dreading that moment when I hit the door at work.


I really haven't felt like dealing with the blog for a minute, so I haven't. That piece I wrote the other day really isn't a poem. Well to me it isn't. It is a literal interpretation of how I feel right now. Not that I'm depressed or angry at myself or anything, it's just... I feel burnt out right now. My energy levels aren't where they're supposed to be so I really need next week to happen right now. I leave for Chicago then, and I think I just need to be still somewhere and just let the city I was born and raised drown me with its offerings.

I do miss that.

So much to do and so little time in a place that barely sleeps. 

All I wanna do is have a few drinks, sit in a few outdoor cafes until 3am and see people that I recognize and not be in an environment that stymies my creativity. I believe a week or more in Chicago can do that. I also need to sit with my father and kick it with my lil bruh.

That'll be nice.

Then maybe I won't feel like I'm wasting my time because I'm not really feeling like I'm doing anything worth anything here in Houston. I done messed up for real.

Y'all be easy and remember:

Lock it on PBS at 8pm tonight to see 4 Black journalists poll the presidential candidates for the first time ever. I just wish a few republicans could have made the trip... I mean, I ain't no democrat but I thank Tavis anyway.

4 comments:

T. S. Snowden said...

I'm sure you will feel energized in Chicago,it sucks that you feel as though Houston puts the kibosh on your creativity.

"I'm not really feeling like I'm doing anything worth anything here in Houston. I done messed up for real."

That mouthful says it all dude. Hopefully you can get to the place/location/state-of-mind that fixes all your ills real soon.

I do plan to catch that show on PBS at work during my break though.

Miz JJ said...

I loved that line "Let the city I was born and raised drown me with its offerings". I feel that way too. I can not wait to get home for a small stretch of time.

DivineLavender said...

Remember to hit me up when you get here!

Paula D. said...

Just stopping by to say hello! Have fun in Chi town next week :-)