Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Anonymous Commenting On How I Should Conduct My Business

I try not to get into 'firsts of the year' but...

Sigh.

I have to address something.

I would have kept the a comment on my blog (regardless of what it said) but it came from an anonymous source. Although I have 3 pieces of tracking software attached to my blog and it identifies the IP address, city, state, internet service provider, time, date, URL of the site clicked through to get to my blog and what URL they clicked out on as well as what email client they were signed into (yeah, seriously), blah, blah, blah... The person still went thru the trouble of leaving an anonymous comment.

I'll go out on a limb and say at least I know about you. Hell, I might be wrong in who I think you are. Nobody's perfect, and I know I'm not, but you already know that. From the amount of pages and certain posts read from my archive, you seem to know me better than folks that stop by here on the regular. For that, I thank you. I like folks that do their research.

To be honest, I would have responded to your comment about my wife in the positive in regards of the info you provided me with.

That's right, I said it. Now I'm not calling my wife the vile names and think of her in the negative, but we already knew of her discretion because she blogged about it. I was also a friend during that whole time and I already knew because that business was already out in the street and if you think of her negatively because of her actions then judge me too. I ain't no saint my damn self.

Hell, I was just in Texas last year in the company of a woman who was a friend for longer than I dated my wife, but... Since you read damn near her entire blog as well as mine you would have known that we've known each other for a year and a half and then we dated. I made a choice to make the quality of my life better by leaving Texas and coming back to Chicago where we got together damn near immediately.

She was here, I was too. We vibed from day one back in the day, but we were with other people doing whatever we were doing before we became exclusive. But you knew that. We blogged about it. You read it. And repeated it. So I guess that's considered old news, huh?

Ask that sister in Texas about my ass. I'm the most trifling son of a bitch on the planet (who owes her money AND rejected her advances) if she tells you, so what does that make me? It makes me human. But I'm not afraid to put that out there because I'll never run from my past.

But then again you spent time reading the post from this time last year when I told of the time I was sexually assaulted. Good post, huh? You probably like the fact that I was touched and I told about it. It makes me a strong black man who overcame a serious indiscretion to get on with his life.

Nah, I'm just another kid from some nameless, faceless poor neighborhood in a large American city that still enjoys life regardless of what happens. I still have breath in my lungs so I really try to find all the good shit so I can take advantage of what time I have left not just to get thru but to enjoy it before my number gets called.

If she blogged about her past affairs then imagine what I know? Imagine what she told me and imagine what I heard from others during the time I courted her.

And I still found enough positives in her to love her unconditionally and to make her my wife. I guess either misery loves company or birds of a feather flock together, huh? I am not Christian, nor am I Muslim or Hebrew but I grew up in that environment and respect the writings and teachings as sacred. I wish I could afford the cover charge, I'd go to church...

I guess Jesus ain't shit for hanging out with that whore and them drunks, travelling the countryside perpetrating that lie about who his real daddy was while hustling gullible folk with cheap parlor tricks and the power of suggestion, huh? I ain't nowhere near Jesus, Muhammad, Buddha, Gandhi, Ronald Reagan, Oprah, 50 Cent or the like, but who am I to judge who's worthy? Who am I to forgive or not based on what I experienced? You have a right to say whatever you want, but who are you to do so and not even have the nerve to put your name behind your comments?

So if my decision was so bad, or if you felt that I was kept hidden from folks so I couldn't learn the truth I feel bad that you feel that way. Really, I do. I was told, counseled, warned, and preached to and so on and so forth and I know as much as a man could know to make the ginormous decision to choose this woman to spend the rest of my life with.

And I'm happy and satisfied with my decision, thank you.

If you have a suggestion for my, then step up into the light and tell me who my soul mate should be. I am always open to dialogue with you. Who ever 'you' are. We don't hide around here, we just do us. Because we have lives beyond then internet (check my frequent flyer miles since July) sometimes we make choices to just enjoy life wherever we are and don't feel the need to report shit to the internet. When you sign my check (oh shit, I'm an independent contractor, so you can't!) and pay our mortgage then I'll feel the need to get your approval on who I do and where we do it. Until then, all I ask is for you to come into the light and use your name.

It's then that your comment can stay.

And for those that want to know what the comment was... You probably know by now. Hell, I just blogged ad nausem about it.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of lonely trick leaves an anonymous comment like that right there????????

I know we feel like we get totally involved in other folks life via the internet but there are so many layers to people that you can't feel like you get absolutely everything from just a text. And this person was probably in the wife's "inner blog circle" to know some of the details about her indiscretions. Foul, that's what it is. Lonely tricks who can't dare believe in fairy tales because to do so means that they have to acknowledge their own lack of a fairy tale existence. But fairy tales require an awful lot of faith and trust and love, that's what bitter broads fail to realize. I probably shouldn't call her out her name like that but since she didn't give a name, one gets to insert whichever one ya feel like.

You know I'm mad, right! Enjoy your new life with your wife and get a good belly aching laugh out of this nonsense!

aquababie said...

that must be one unhappy mofo. i won't dwell on that evilness. yall men are doing it big. this makes me so hopeful :)

deepnthought said...

just when I gave up shanking for the new year.

melette said...

People need hobbies. Seriously.

"You have a right to say whatever you want, but who are you to do so and not even have the nerve to put your name behind your comments?"

This right here is what I call punk bitch shit. Folks are hella stupid and the year is just starting.

Still Patrice said...

I'm an faithful lurker... must say that this is one of your best post! What I dislike about judgemental people, always poing out the pebble in my eye when they have a BEAM in theirs!

Anonymous said...

I don't understand some people. That person needs to get a life. For real!

Aly Cat 121 said...

"who so ever, sayeth the lord" blah, blah, blah . . .and then the REAL folks come out the wood and fall from the sky. Why? Mad cuz you the one, who chose the one for your mate. *shakin head* You ain't got to explain NOTHING to no m*tha f*ckin body. . . .*rollin eyes*

Lyrically speaking said...

I would suggest you delete any negative vibe/comment and welcome positivity especially when starting the new year. So sad to read this and I hope this person won't come back again...you're probably very annoyed by this, well I can tell by this post. Stay blessed and healthy this 2008!

glory said...

i'm tired of sorry, stank behavior in the blogging world, but i guess we can't escape pettiness here any more than we can anywhere else.

handle your business, bruh.

thanks for the welcome in your last post, and congratulations to you.

Anonymous said...

Y am I not surprised? When Scribe (my husband) got together in 06....man the internet got real crazy...it got worse when we declared our love...folks started coming out the woodwork to tell him this or that...I have had a blog for 3 years...believe me...he's read all 300+ posts...at least twice!

By the time we moved out of NY and got married...it all died down...

Love the way you pretty much shut Anon down! And congrats to you and your Diva...Black love is so amazing!

brran1 said...

Not to offend anyone on here with what I'm about to say, but IMO only a b**ch would make a comment about someones personal life. I dont know exactly what was said, but this is really the type of thing that gets under my skin (as far as blogging goes and even in the real world). I'm just gonna get right to the point and take it back to grade school for yall. Two lessons I learned coming up: 1.) Don't say things about people or to people that you can't back up.
2.) Own up to what you say and what you do, regardless of what it is.

The Addict said...

Wow...in the midst of something wonderful, someone has a bad taste in their mouth and wants to share. Good for you for speaking up! You and the wife stay strong. Blessings to you both!

chele said...

I've been gone for so long. Glad to see you are so happy. Congratulations to you and your bride.

Eb the Celeb said...

I hate anonymous comments... I recently changed my settings after one comment really got under my skin. Now my blog doesnt allow them... but blogger is so stupid the person can still make their profile private so you still cant get any info... only cowards leave anonymous comments...

Happy new year!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Wow. This is the second time today I have to excuse myself to find the floor jack. Fugg that. I gotta get the engine hoist to reacquaint my lower jaw with the upper portion.

Somebody had the nerve to talk shit to you on your blog about your new wife?

I am experiencing complete and utter disbelief.

That shit is why I never allowed anons on my comments.

T. S. Snowden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.