Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Hanging Out With Mom Today

It took a lot to get here and this is also my second year rebuilding with my mother.

I'm kind of sad that I let pride and spite take me away from my mother and am glad that the Most High didn't take her away and has allowed me all of this that I have shared, reminisced and rekindled with my mommy since coming back home.

5 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

just a quick shout ... i am glad for you both as well. happy mother's day to you and yours!!

brownsugatou said...

I don't know the history between you and your moms... but we do have to find that silver lining no matter what. I had every intention of repairing things with my own father. Sadly, he passed away in Alaska in a prison cell. I hadn't seen him five years prior to to his death... I thank God everyday that we patched things up by communicating in an old school kind of fashion - writing letters to each other. Peace, and Happy Mother's Day to your mother and your Queen!
brownsugatou

Anonymous said...

Make sure you you show that appreciation every chance you get. Others are not so lucky. I am just glad me and my mom have a great relationship now.

Miss Snarky Pants said...

Excellent choice [your making good with your mom]...

We only get one...Might as well make the best of it.

Rose said...

This is so great to hear....