Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Blahist Of Saturdays

Saturday was the blah-ist of days...

Nothing really happened today other than spending some time with my sibs and my wife.

No one actually acts like they appreciate time spent and the fact that folks are healthy and fine.

It's cool though. I treat each day like a Klingon with the saying "today is a good day to die!"

Seriously, it probably is. The fact that you comply with certain aspects of bullshit, bundled with the status quo and other people's excuses means that you live life and do what you gotta to get thru the day and get your your happy place of satisfaction and appreciation. Dealing with conditioning (both cultural and institutional), fear and intimidation is a part of making do with life itself.

It is a sad thing that there are just a few people out there that can deal with a smile. I am not one of them, although I no longer frown and complain about to the masses. I just nod and respect other people's shit and move on with mine.

Although it is rough dealing with spoiled people, the privileged and the clueless... I do.

It's entertaining to an extent.

1 comment:

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

"No one actually acts like they appreciate time spent and the fact that folks are healthy and fine."

Could be that the fact that you are here and healthy IS showing appreciation. Acting all different and such calls attention to the fact that you probably might die soon. You know like when folk do those death bed visits to a loved one.

Could be that the status quo honors your continued presence.

Then again, I seem to have the talent to justify just about anything so... don't pay me no mind if I sound crazy on occasion...