Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, December 14, 2009

The Weight

Good Monday morning to all.

To steal from a few bloggers that I know and love, It is currently 34 degrees in Chicago.

  • Our football team lost yesterday. No problem, it was expected
  • It didn't snow this weekend. Matter of fact, it held around 40. That's a blessing.
  • A metro passenger train derailed Friday afternoon and three commuter trains hit two cars and one pedestrian. The passenger train derailed in the hood. Limited news coverage. Hmmph.
  • ANOTHER teenage sister went missing over the weekend. Again, limited coverages so:

Police are asking for the public’s help in finding a 14-year-old girl who was last seen at her grandmother’s home on the North Side Sunday. Tianna Huertas, who is 5-foot-2 and 120 pounds, was reported missing from the 2700 block of North Newland Avenue on the Northwest Side Saturday, according to a police News Affairs release.
Tianna is described in the release as a white Hispanic with brown eyes and hair, a medium complexion.
Anyone with information should contact Grand Central Area detectives at (312) 746-8365 or (312) 746-8282 or call 911. 


 AND



Police are still looking for a 13-year-old  girl who was last seen Nov. 5 in the Austin neighborhood on the West Side. Police said the date of last contact with her was in September. Mikaela Benit went missing from the 200 block of North Pine Avenue, according to a missing person alert from Grand Central Area detectives, who has issued the alert in September and November.

She was last seen at San Miguel School at 819 N. Leamington Ave. on Nov. 5, wearing a black and white checkered jacket, black/gray pants and gray Nike gym shoes. The alert said the day of last contact is Sep. 22.

Mikaela is described as black, 5-foot-3 and 90 pounds, with brown eyes, black hair and medium complexion.

She is known to frequent the area of West Washington Boulvard and North Waller Avenue, and may have been seen in the 4200 block of West Maypole Avenue on Nov. 25

Anyone with information should call 911 or  Grand Central Area detectives at (312) 746-8365.


December 15, 2009

Thank you to LostNMissing for both visiting the blog and providing a picture and additional info on Mikaela. You are appreciated for the work you do

________________________________________________________________________________

Other than that, it seems that the weight is still shifted on my side. My other half and I have and have had huge projects to complete and at first when we came back to Chicago I thought that we were both built to take the brunt of the weight. I'm not 100% wrong because I believe that words have the power of life and death and if you speak it into existence...

You know.

So my aunt had a certifiable cancerous growth removed from her 83 year old body. On top of that as I mentioned she also had bypass surgery based on what the docs 'found' while they were all up in there tinkering and things. The used this skin epoxy that was used on me a handful of years back. Kind of like crazy glue for the skin. Instead of using sutures and stitches, they just calculate exactly where they want to close you up and just do it. This has helped her recover tremendously. She is out of the hospital and chose the hospital rehab center right around the corner from my office to get back in the swing of things mobility wise. I am happy. Still means that we must do for/with her some things she used to do on her own (like driving and stuff), but I'm game.

My cousin had his kidney removed on the 29th of November and ended back in the hospital last week because the other kidney, well... Would not function. I think I know what's going on here but I choose to let him tell the fam. He's okay in the hospital but might need some assistance when he gets out...

My wife's cousin successfully had his thyroid removed last week. He is on the way to a full and complete recovery. If we're needed to bail out and get to him and his wife's side down south... We're there as well.

And then there is my wife's birthday, our anniversary and the 'holiday' in that order. It wasn't meant to be that way but it is. Three days in a row. Now I know people have tons of things they must accomplish or want to do for those days. I also know that with those three days riding in succession can make the most planned person feel great pressure. All of the 'sick', job fulfillment and significant day stuff is taking a toll on my wife. She's stressed, tired, has a chest cold and isn't used to all of this pressure coming down on her all at the same time, so I'll gladly take the weight.

Normally my military might kicks in and I'd be barking at her to just stay in the fray and just keep moving forward but I know she ain't a soldier for all of this. Yet. So I remain quiet. The financial demand can be staggering for some and for others, the management of time is crucial when they are able to handle other demands. We're in a good place financially so I'm thinking that all of this stuff bunched together is just a little too much for her. She needs a vacation and then one of those courses over at the Learning Annex on time management and such. I'm not afraid to say that because if she remains healthy and strong and ends up telling stories to the great grandkids the realization that it just doesn't stop will hit like a ton of bricks real soon. I would like her to be prepared for that.

Other than that, my pastry chef of a wife did a great job on her first big Chicago job over the weekend. There were some lessons learned about volume, demand and timing (cause' this ain't Tulsa) but she came out unscathed... And with a nice piece of paper remunerating her for her time and effort. It's been over a year now that we've both been 1099 people and the realization that you have to approach your business not like a W-2 job, but like it's YOUR business is finally starting to stick around here.

Also, vacations and spas and such are so in order after putting your head down and cranking it out for long periods of time.

You didn't think I was going to let my love hang out in Chi-Town after all of this went down, did ya?

Sometimes you gotta' take the weight.





The treadmill has me sticky.  Hitting the showers. Y'all have a wonderful Monday.








Enjoy them empty cubicles and the weird smells from the microwave in the break room.





.

6 comments:

LadyLee said...

LOL @ that last line, bruh... because that's how it really is.

Thanks for the update. And I'm glad you're there to take the weight. Really glad. Keep holding on. Getting through it all will truly build up your faith muscle...

The Brown Blogger said...

I so don't miss that microwave...

We're over here pumping iron to grow that faith muscle to bodybuilder proportions.

LostNMissing, Inc said...

Feel free to follow my blog as I post missing loved ones. By the way, young Mikaela Benit, 13 is listed at my website if you wish to have her picture. (I noticed you stated you couldnt find one. That's because it took the media forever to get the word out on her. Sad.)
I am on Twitter @LostNMissing and also on blogger LostNMissing
website is www.lostnmissing.com
Hugs and thanks for helping get the message out on missing loved ones!

NeenaLove said...

i so need to be a 1099 person. husband and i been tossing around the idea for weeks. i've been SOLD for awhile, trying to go 1099 but husband just got on board. his support makes a hell of a difference.

so tell me, wifey is catering? that's something i've been thinking about doing. hmmm...

Ladynay said...

Love that last line! *eyeroll* LOL!

Tony said...

My block association recently passed a nude negro law. Its all legal because its a private street. As you can see in the link, the law is being enforced.http://www.vho.com/videos/13385/chick-playing-naked-in-the-street.html