Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, April 10, 2006

So we had this little party thing happen...

My sister brother and I had a little shindig at lil sis's house this weekend. Well, I was involved but it was more of their thang. I have never actually celebrated my birthday or had a party for that matter so the whole thing was foreign to me, but I did what I could to help plan and execute the event so fun could be had by all.








My Brother seemed to enjoy himself...






My sister was the perfect hostess...




I showed up... eventually.



Folks came thru and ate, drank and gambled their little hearts out. It seems the spades table was the most popular out of the other gaming tables we had. My cuzzo Chante' ran the pretenders off the table and made sure she let everybody know what time it was. Dem' cards, man... It's in the blood, trust me.

Al came thru, provided the music too... It's been a minute since some of the fam had a chance to shoot the sh*t with DJ MorninMan, so it was nice to see him and my Moms in conversation.

Good looking out brother, I owe you big time.



I actually spent time in good convo with my older brother which damn near like witnessing Hailey's Comet. That NEVER happens, well, just about every 86 years or so. We just don't communicate that's all. I love him and we're different people and do different things. Although ther respect is there we still don't hang but I will ride out and bust some heads when he calls...

So there was blackjack, poker and the elders upstairs... Spades and the open bar/chillspot downstairs and a few cigarette smokers hanging out back in the yard, you know how that is. We congregated big time in the basement as well to catch the Zab Judah/Floyd Mayweather fight on pay per view. For those that saw the fight, I know you know the whole house erupted in the 10th round when everybody bumrushed the ring after Zab gave Pretty Boy that nutshot. It was a good fight with a riot in the ring, and with all of us fueled on liquor and gambling, it almost made a brother want to open up his own speakeasy after witnessing us witnessing.

Other than Al the only other person I invited and actually came thru was...





N Sane Lee Sane!!!




I'm glad you came thru and enjoyed the festivities... And to think, y'all thought that we had beef. See Name, we listened to you and ended up having a good time. I just wish you could have came thru. Could have made a plate.

4 comments:

Kip said...

To Hassan,


Glad you had a good time with friends and family man. You deserve it word up hassan.


Peace,


Chance

Nika Laqui said...

I hate those pictures, I look like a grease ball!!!!

I'm suing you for slander...*lol*

MZPEACH said...

Glad you had a nice time at the party. My sister nsane looks so pretty and so does yours. And you and your brother look very handsome btw.

Gallis said...

What are you talking about Nsane? The top pic's cute and the second one is just lovely!!