Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Way Back When

5/2/2006: Yes, I found a way to lose today's post and blow out yesterday's comments by adding haloscan to my blog...

But I remember what you all said...


Rose and Dominique: Thanks, That uniform got me into a lot of trouble that I can brag about today...

Chubby Chocolate and Nikki: I prefer current Hassan to late 80's hassan as well. I think the only thing that has remained the same is the eyes...

Minority: That statement is soooo true. Without hip hop, I would be one loney man living without direction and running afoul... (insert Primo instrumental here)

Nsane Lee Sane: That was 18 years ago!!!

Yazmar: That was 18 years ago and yes that is me. I claim him, but I an no longer him. I forgive him but I cannot forget what was said and did by him because we share the same shell. I can't contemplate being him in 2006 and plus, I moved away from his train of thought and way of life. That is a picture of Hans Williams (my birth name) right before he became a egotistical, emotionless monster and paid killer courtesy of Uncle Sam. My name is Hassan Ntimbanjayo. I changed my name, way of life and train of thought because I could no longer see the face of God when I saw myself in the mirror because I at that time was a puppet of the devil. I spread that over to my friends and family after getting out of the service in 1992/3 (early exit). I saw that I had no redeeming quality as a human being due to me being and doing what I did, so I had to make change and I didn't need quarters. By giving God the glory and accepting that I can be forgiven for my sins and knowing that my life can be useful by being someone other than a foul mouthed, egomaniac soldier trained to do dumb ish was my turning point in this existance.

I also fell in love with the drum and was called and saw Mother Africa...

There are other photos that Al found that I cannot publish here. Let's just say if I were serving now, I'd be one of those soldiers that would be in a ton of trouble for doing what I did and taking pictures of it. I am no longer him, y'all. That's why I cannot recognize him.

Oh and yes, I wrote on the photos back in 89 and sent them to Al in thst condition. I was trying to be funny in my commentary.

I'll post my original thoughts, or what was supposed to be here later after I get home from work...





Hint: If you click it, it gets bigger...



I took this pic in September of 1989 and sent it to my man DJ MorninMan to let him know I was doing okay. I forgot I ever sent this until he did some spring cleaning.

All I can say is wow. I do not recognize myself.

The uniform made me cute though.

7 comments:

Rose said...

You still look the same, just younger and without the dreadlocks. But still handsome in that uniform.

M.Dot. said...

In love with Hip Hop and its related subcultures to the point where I haven't married or have children.
_______________________________
__________________________________
What would we do without hip hop?
Your blog is fresh.

princessdominique said...

I've always loved that uniform!

nikki said...

HOW CUTE!

you look nothing like that photo now, except for the solomn look in your eyes. that hasn't changed.

Chubby Chocolate said...

Prefer current Hassan to Circa late 80s.

I love Bjork also. My favorite song from her is Possibly Maybe. You know she has a baby by Tricky?

Anonymous said...

HAY BABYyyyyyyyyyyyy HASSAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN what up....soldier? hmmm let me read further down to see if thats you

Anonymous said...

OMG that cant be you--damn you changed....I like ya look now............