Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Thank you for reading, it's been a pleasure


I'm taking this opportunity while no one is looking to asses if I should continue blogging and doing other certain things for the matter. I am not pulling the plug on other projects like my music or my writing but I am putting those things on hold. I have one of the most important decisions in my life to make and right now I'm not getting any help in coming to a choice so I have to take some time and do this one all alone. Where I live, who I direct focus onto and what I do to take care of myself can all change by making this decision. Funny thing is, I've reached out to certain family and friends to help me with advice, encouragement and such and so far I have not garnered a single response, opinion or critisism. I've been made to feel like a man on an island. I kind of like being put in this position somewhat, because I have to live with what I do, not anyone else. The fact that other things much bigger than my life plans are happening in others lives helps me see that my choice is my choice and it doesn't matter what I do in their eyes because it has no real bearing to them. I have to choose a direction as far as employment, living arrangements and geographic placement are concerned so I need a few days. What I must do has to happen in a few days, so time is of the essence. And oh to update, my nephew is home and is fine now. A little medication and a lot of love should do the trick. Thanks for your kind words and prayers.

Thanks to all that have stopped by and shouted during my run on the web. I am also glad that I've come into contact with a few people I consider friends thru this medium. Things would probably be a bit different if we never met. They say that time changes folks and heals all wounds. I hope in time I've made the right moves to be kicking it with y'all once again.

Hassan

No comments: