Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday Afternoons

Are reserved for me to do absolutely nothing.

I don't bother with television or other things on this day, I just stretch, ponder things and write. I'm currently writing my first 'Blogging While Black' essay and I'm sure I'll post that piece sometime either tonight or tomorrow morning.

And um... For those that fear the safety of others in my presence understand that the real revolution is in one's mind and the fight can come many other ways than just in the physical sense.

That still doesn't mean that I haven't targeted certain folks, things and causes... I just have a method to my madness.

And just because I let go of the standard american diet, mainstream TV and look at the media (some blogs included) as a gotdamn joke doesn't mean I am not in the know. Being connected to the niggernet is better than a having fiber optic connection piped straight from Time/Warner.

Yep, and to think just a year ago there were folk that came here to see if they could decipher who I was screwing as I drove around the lower 48. To let certain folks tell it, wither I was a serious manwhore fucking a plethora of unsuspecting ladies on the same lie or I was some heartless chump with low libido hellbent on bankrupting big boned sistas trying to 'save' him from himself.

And you wonder why I disconnected from the world, concocting formulas to diffuse my hatred in a safe and effective manner.

Just hope I never relapse and run into those that pray for my downfall in my travels. I know the pen is indeed mightier than the sword but that does nothing to rid the urge to slap the shit out of certain folk in a effort to regain balance in my universe.

I'll keep writing. Fasting really helps diminish the urge to destroy. I was once told that I can use my powers for good and not evil, and I'll keep at it until I get this shit under control.

'Pray' for my follow through.

Peace be still in this mutha fucker... Please. Just be still dammit.

1 comment:

Bananas said...

Ah fuck the haters Hassan, they don't know shit anyhow. To truely understand the world you have to have been out in the world. Otherwise, all you know is your damn porch.

Glad to see that you're writing...I'm still waiting for the book. You know, the one with your name plasterd across the cover? Yeah, that one.

Have a good week my Man, and be safe.