Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, June 22, 2009

It's A Manic Monday, Mane!

Good Monday Morning...

The barometer on the freedom level is fair to midland today.

I spent much of my weekend watching the goings on in Iran and all I really have in criticisms is a shoulder hunch. I mean, I am concerned with the handling of human life and I am sorry so many have to go thru so much, but... It is a part of the process of progress.

After witnessing so many over here, in this country, in this nation, in my home town, in my neighborhood, on my block, doors next to or down die from absolutely nothing by the hand of their own or an agent of either the municipality, county, state or government, I understand exactly what is happening. The imprisonment of the innocent and politically polarizing to further the agenda of the status quo is commonality personified where I live. We continue to act like we have learned and moved on from our mistakes, transgressions and purposeful actions based on racism, sexism, financial gain and nationalism when that is exactly what we want. The opposite. We continue to yearn for the biased activities that gave us what our parents told us was comfort in our childhood when we know now as adults that everything we felt comfortable about as children was based on a lie.

So watching what video, pictures and commentary makes it out of Iran continues to add to the realization that nothing is what we want. We are truly the 85 that Clarence 13X theorized us to be.

The same folk that revolted in the past and got good off the takeover are the ones making haste to make change impossible for those that yearn for the revolt in the now.

But anyway...

I did spend Sunday afternoon/evening holding court with The Original Oldgirl LadyLee. We had fun yapping and munching on superior cooked goodies over at the Whole Foods joint over in Mid-Town ATL. It was cool hanging out and just discussing everything and talking bout' nothing for a handful of hours yesterday. We have definitely gots to do that again.

Did I mention that she makes one hell of an oatmeal/walnut/raisin cookie. They were leftovers from an engagement she had from he day before, but it didn't matter. I volunteer my stomach for the leftover shelf any day of the week, cause I loves me some oatmeal anything cookies.

Good looking out Oldgirl... We gots to do that again.

Today is a moving day. Still in the greater Atlanta area for the moment. Things will happen in the near future that will determine exactly the when and where my other half and I will be.

All I got right now. Be easy in them cubicles, shawty.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

Right, right ... peace to you bro!