Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Eyes Wide Shut, Superior Silence And The Refusal To Acknowledge

Just as I thought.

A whole lot of talk and no one said anything.


Understand that no one had to say anything to for for me. Religion is the tool used to divide and place fear within the masses. People that look like me have been practicing traditions that aren't native of us. I believe that this is the reason we are so damn destructive towards each other.

I just had hope that certain folk would have the courage to open the door. Obviously, the doors of the church are not open, Neither are their minds or hearts.

You see, because we need to be accepted and validated by folk that look like us as well as those that don't, black folk will continue to go to church, unchallenged and uninspired, blindly following whatever charismatic leader has their heart via their ears. In modern society (just like over history), the messenger gets all of the attention, the message fades away...

Meaning for all of those folk that go to church will never have that conversation. Certain folk will be now seen as the enemy and those that side with them will be buried under mounds of litigation and hearsay, lies and the non speaking of truths.

And folks like me have to live among this foolishness. It's starting to get harder and harder to claim some of y'all.

This is going to be better than pay per view, this fight. Sad, but exciting.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

Man, I am glad that you have let me read your opinion on the subject of Pastor Long... I have not been following it, merely staying aware of what developments take place because I have lived with the hypocrisy and ignorance in and around the faithful most of my life. And when I say 'most', I mean from the first time some kid called me 'a sissy' or said that 'I liked white people stuff' because my Mom put me on ice skates. Could go on, but then what would my blog be for??

My agnosticism was in part born out of your first paragraph, because as a child, those inconsistencies were glaringly apparent. From not being able to worship in a framework that spoke to me (and never did... ooh, don't get me started) to how it has been used to manipulate and demonize, religion simply has no place in my life other than an intellectual curiousity.

Anywho, thanks for posting on this topic.