Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, November 14, 2005

Monday... Humbug.

I shouldn't be angry, but I am. I shouldn't complain, but I will. I'm tired, a little. I've been doing the song and dance for corporate America and some like the shuffle. Problem is, how long will I have to shuck and jive until I explode?

I mean well and need to keep the lights on like the next cat, but I swear it has to be a better way to match my timbos with my hat and jacket.

If it wasn't for the few folk that know me and love my stank ass I woulda' snapped off by now.

I need to go back to my people.

I need to be back in my element. Doing something. With them.

Father, I come to you this morning asking for your guidance. I also ask you to help me with the overstanding on why I'm here. Sometimes I feel like I have no real purpose. I know you have incredible plans for me and I know that I've lost sight. Help me regain focus Father. I need to get back on my square. I have yet to do so many things and maybe I looked too far in the future to see those things, stumbling in the process. I know you have a masterplan, help me find my role in that. I'm slipping Father and I have no rhyme or reason as to why or how I get back. I put everything in your hands and just ask to be directed, delivered and re-energized with your spirit so I can be of service and affect change.

I ask this in the names of all you've brought before me in prophet and print, in visual and in thought and in presence and in memory.

Help me.

1 comment:

toneec42 said...

Yes, Lord. In the name of Jesus. Amen