Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Friday, June 22, 2007

Post #335 - Life Gettin' In The Way...

I started the week pretty good.

I planned on blogging every day this week. I even gave myself a homework assignment in watching the Spike Lee 2000 joint 'Bamboozled'. I needed to see the flick again seeing as the last time I watched it was on network TV and all of the goodness was sucked out of it due to network editing. I wish I would have mentioned it in advance and made it a suggestion because I encountered more than a few folks that haven't seen this gem.

By the time I got to Thursday I had forgotten what day of the week it was. I seriously got confused dealing with my kidney stones, going back to work after working 7 straight days and dealing with some workplace drama that I had to put to bed and drama from a close friend that required me to step in and actually do something.

I hate when that happens.

Real life kicks in and the fate of someones life is in your and a few other's hands and I get scared when decisions have to be made because shit can backfire...

Let's hope that does not happen.

To my surprise I got name dropped by a former homey... Lover... Friend's blog this week. I am glad things are well in the old neighborhood and I wish her and hers very well, and many more birthdays. Happy and successful is a good look.

I got new toys to play with in making music. For all of those concerned, I live in a Pro Tools environment. Thank the lord. Eight new tracks done and a few more to go before I hit the road in August.

Damn, I'm busy. I started this at 2 O'clock this afternoon and I don't have anything left right now and I got 4 more hours to go over here at Big Oil.

My week will end in a busy maze of work and worrying about my dear friend. I'm sending out a general prayer memo for my close friend, my ex and her continued success and my sanity. It ain't the workplace drama, it ain't my friend and any drama related to them, it's these damn kidney stones. I might just reach in there and rip the whole damn thing out so I can have a day without trying to concentrate with pain.

And plus, I'm running out of herbs.

I heard Dr. Sebi (and his people) will represent at the African-Caribbean Festival Of Life in Chicago July 1-8th. I plan on consulting with the good doctor on my conversion, detox and my future naked... In the forest... Talking to the animals.

7 comments:

Miz JJ said...

I just read a post on haters. I like that I come over to your spot and you just throw out appreciation to someone.

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

Hassan..you poor thing, yes life does get in the way and somehow we juggle everything and somehow make to the next week..this one too shall pass (pun intended).nice seeing you at my spot!

The Brown Blogger said...

miz jj -
I ain't no ill will for anyone... except that one heffa' at work. And I just got an email of her going all GGW that if I were a real hater would plaster all over the company's intranet. But I really ain't got no ill will for here that damn deep.

gg-
I know, I know.

I just wish I didn't have to register to cop a couple of them songs...

Lyrically speaking said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, yours is pretty interesting, i'll be coming back for more. Geeze I don't remember the last time I saw Bamboozled, it was ages ago, lol

Gallis said...

Bamboozled is in my personal Top 10 of Favourite Films. It's Spike at his best; more show, less tell. And the closing sequence gets me everytime. Talk about tellin' it like it is.

As for you, is Mercury in retrograde or something. Holy crap. I really hope your friend is ok. I hope you're ok too.

Luke Cage said...

I recall I didn't appreciate Bamboozled when I first saw it. Actually the next few times it went right by me too. I will tell you one thing. Whoever came up with the idea to have Damon Wayans talk like that should be shot.

That was like 1 of the worst accents ever portrayed in a movie. Otherwise, Mos Def's group stole the movie. I liked them cats. I have to peep it again! Peace brotha Hassan. In the immortal words of Martin Lawrence's character Cee in Do the Right thing "it's your world man. In a big muthaph#$in' way!" Neva forget it.

aquababie said...

i watched bamboozled a few weeks ago. you can never watch it too many times.

i hope you're feeling better soon. don't let that workplace mess get to you.