Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Whatever

I haven't had much to say this week, even with all that has happened.

I mean, basically I understand that we only get what we ask for, and when you try to do what you think is right for you... Well, these days


Shit.


I don't even have the energy right now.

6 comments:

JStar said...

I just posted this the other day...Sounds like you are in need of this right now...

Believe

Unable to sleep, tossing and turning
Soul on fire and constantly burning

Thoughts and drama consuming
Fears and worries slowly resuming

Feeling totally frustrated
Anger being illustrated

Nothing being accomplished
Sanity being diminished

Wishing I would have prevented
And first of all repented

Prayer could have preserved
Energy could have been conserved

So, why stress over what cannot be controlled
Be patient and watch what unfolds

Everything is a part of His ultimate plan
Continue to trust, even if we don’t understand

Believe in His word and subdue
Things will work out as they are supposed to

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it seems we have to dig very deep to find the strength to carry on. But it's there waiting to be tapped. I wish you strength and peace to carry you thru.
That's a wonderful poem JStar! I could use it too right about now, thanks!

The Brown Blogger said...

That is one beautiful piece...

Oh I have the strength, it ain't that.

I tire of being in the midst of the helpless. Thing is, we are at our strongest moment but choose to dwell in hopelessness unnecessarily.

Anonymous said...

I wonder how you felt about Chris Matthews comment about Obama. I understand what he was trying to say, he chose the wrong words. I personally dont think it is that serious. There are more important things to worry about like jobs and etc; not the bad word choice Obama said.

The Brown Blogger said...

Okay.

I'm going to put some words together and post it later on today for a little weekend fodder.

I never thought I'd EVER run out of things to say, but I was kind of speechless this week, possibly dumbfounded even over all of what's going on.

I gotta run some of my inventory for my business and pick up a few pieces of equipment for my event happening this weekend, then I'll get at it.

I just listened to a Melissa Harris-Lacewell interview and got my writing mojo back...

Gallis said...

We'll be here!