Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Words

Today is my Monday. I had a very quiet three day weekend. I got a chance to sleep in yesterday and did little  of nothing both Saturday and Sunday. I really had to rest, going into a mini-fast and all. It almost seemed like I was having a vision quest or something watching CNN and FOX's coverages of the Times Square 'kinda bombing' thingamabob because I was on straight vegetables, cranberry, dandelion, horsetail, charcoal and lipoic acid.  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

My kidneys were on FIYA!



You would think that folks would be more attentive when it came to certain things.




I was partially watching 'Law & Order' when I cut to CNN and found out that a real life episode was happening over at JFK. By the time I grabbed the laptop to read all the details Senior Holder didn't want to tell, I had to read a bunch of smarmy comments from the peanut gallery.

The 'Law & Order' ep was about folks posting silly-ass comments on certain board and newspaper sites where folks either condemned, passed judgement on or went out on a log and said that certain folk should be killed and such, having no clue that folks read this stuff and go out and actually do harm based on said comments.

I read a bunch of newspapers daily as well as go onto other news sites and stuff like that to stay informed on stuff. I also dibble and dab thru the comments section and read some smarmy shit. Nationalism, racism and straight out uninformed ignorance fuel these anonymous commenters, usually egging folk on or just spewing opinion based on bullshit. Key thing about the TV ep is that folk that took time to spread the ignorance out there had no clue that some folk picked up on those comments and actually acted on them.

Revolt or regret or do folks really give a damn?

I'm still squirming in my seat as a cat that has some knowledge in munitions, watching folk from the average on location reporter to the former deputy director of the FBI (on the phone from Columbia) correct every single bomb making mistake the Times Square wanna be bombers made. Add that to anything else you can find on the interwebs, field manuals available and common knowledge, then add a dash of anonymous ignorance found in the comments section of random newspaper X or blah, blah blah dot com with a pinch of religion, nationalism and/or hatred...

Whatever man.

Imma go Huey Freeman/Tea Party/Conservative/Farmer Bob and just blame the damn president for all of this mess.

If its one thing I've learned is how not to make a car bomb. Now all I gotta do is find the inspiration... Hey, I got an extra tab open...