Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, February 20, 2012

I Still Am...

Breathing.

Alive with focus.

Motivated to, for and by change.

Open to love.

Here in the flesh.

Affected by degenerative disease.

Fighting said disease.

Winning.

In trouble.

I wish I could state something different, but my fight took a hard left turn and now I fight blindness. There was a physical incident late December that could affect how I live the rest of my life. Yes, I'm in physical trouble, but I'm not worried. I let go way before these problems got worse.

Or maybe this is my 'blessing'?

Eh, who knows. Just know that I'm fine and now that I finally gave in, purchased and learned to use voice recognition software (Flex T9 for Android, Mac Speech Dictate and Dragon Naturally Speaking for PC), I should be here more often. I want to blog about this process, diabetes and retinopathy. I believe it's important.

I refuse to suffer in silence, and if I can provide insight for some and information for others with my condition, or scare the hell out of some folk that just can't seem to do right, then... Let the chronicle begin.

More later. It's damn near 5am and I could be getting some sleep and not disturbing the downstairs neighbor. Speech recognition, remember?

7 comments:

LadyLee said...

I'm glad you're "still am".

And still will be.

♥ CG ♥ said...

Hey BB! When you give up the fight that's the time to start worrying. You obviously have hit this head on and have the determination to work with what you can't control and battle the things you can. Please know you're being thought of and prayed for.

bayoucreole said...

Cosigning Lee and CG.

Musique's Poetry said...

I am glad that you are still here. God is so awesome. I'm standing in agreement that you are an overcomer. God Bless ya.

CowgirlCre said...

Im glad to see you have such a fighting spirit concerning your health issues. Meet it head on and punch through. Also I have a couple of family members that need to read about your health journey. I will drop by BWB to check on you.

Ladynay said...

God's speed sweetie!

BluJewel said...

Technology is great! Nice that you're blogging again. And yes, it's good to get the info out there; each one, teach one