Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Some help please?

I've been busy working and writing on my latest project and I would like a little help.

If you look to your right, there's a little grayish box that has a joint we recorded Sunday night. It's a draft, but much of what you hear will make the final mix. I just want to know what you think about it and if you would groove to it.

That's right... Help me produce this joint by critiquing it and providing suggestions.

I already shared it with my closest personals already and got some feedback, I thought it would be fair if I did the same with my blogfam. Note that I have never shared unfinished work before... Also, I'm an artist, and I'm sensitive bout' my shit.

Kidding.

Just let me know what's really good.

5 comments:

Chubby Chocolate said...

MUCH BETTER than a lot of stuff out there... Tight beat.

The intro (Clapping hands and talking) is a little too long though..But that's my opinion! Don't hate me.

This a public service announcement from some cats in the basement....LOOOOOVE THAT.

The Brown Blogger said...

Like I said... that is a rough draft. We were messing around with the track so know that this is not the final mix of that joint.

We're not even close, trust me.

Anonymous said...

Tight...

I too was going to say that the clap intro is too long. Great lyrics, truth spoken, "nice beat, Dick, and I can dance to it", good work...good work. Keep pressin'.

Signed,

That chick you used to IM during the day that you miss IM'g.

Anonymous said...

SOunds ok....beat needs to be more packed...the sample was hype th ough...I liked it

who is that rapping

Anonymous said...

That's Hassan rapping...