Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

My Last 24

Verse One (AKA The Free-Dome Child) asks:
If you knew, what would you do with your last 24 hours

Hassan Says:
What would I do with my last 24 hours....
Well shit... Let me think

To be honest, I wouldn't tell anyone, try to get a plane ticket or something under a pseudonym and get as far away as possible. I wouldn't clean anything up or rearrange stuff like I eluded to in a previous post, I'd just leave. I'd probably cut my hair and shave and get to a over-populated, foreign country just in time to die so no one can recognize who the hell I am. Seems fitting I guess. No goodbyes, phone calls or conversations. No funeral (I don't want one). Just people getting on with their lives. The future should exist like the past in some sorts.



Princessdominique asks:
I've got to get Dr. Phil on you. I've read the questions and answers and I'll have to say or ask rather, what was the one single defining moment in your life that makes you feel the way you feel about people and things and yourself.


Hassan Says:
From the time I was a kid. My grandmother who was a functioning alcoholic would pay me a dollar or two to perform in front of her drunk ass company. I took piano and guitar lessons young and early in life and I was entertainment. That kind of parlayed into the rest of my life. I have no problem putting my stuff out there because I've always been on display. Growing up and doing what I did and seeing what I've seen in combination with that whole military thing helped me to learn to detach emotionally. I function better that way. Plus, if I ever needed a job where emotions aren't necessarily needed (hint, hint... And that would only be my last resort) I'm perfect for the job. I guess that there isn't one real defining moment for me, it's a combo of things that led me here along with how I'm treated as a person today. That's how I came with what I see is the truth.


Knockout Zed asks:
My one and only official question is: Did you enjoy yourself last Saturday?

Hassan Says:
Hell Muthafuckin yes.
Next question.


Nikki asks:
You have no desire to marry or have children? Did I read that correctly? Surely you were kidding.

Hassan says:
Right now that answer is correct. I just don't believe at this moment that I'll convince some woman to spend that much time with me and to top that off have her carry my seed, do I don't think much about it. Except for this series of posts. I doubt if that happens for me, but I could be wrong.

The thing with grandma continues... Not blogging about it anymore.

1 comment:

Serenity3-0 said...

This is my first time visiting your page, but from what I read on this post it seems you try to stay clear of emotional attachments. Your profile says you are waiting on your soul mate and she's late, how do you know she has not come and due to your not willing to connect on an emotional level, she left?