Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

300th Post

Wassup my virtual play cousins!
This one right here is my 300th post on Blogger. I don't know what to feel or say, I just hope that I have 300 more... I'm sure I do. This has become a part of who I am. Funny, because I'm working on placing the right words and phrases together in the form of a few grant proposals to make the blogging thing my job and my life thru the BrownBloggers Initiative. I'm working on making the site less corny and more about... Ahem... Brown bloggers.

shameless self promotion, huh?



My back hurts. It is actually a burning sensation in the lower left of the small of the thingee. I didn't sleep at all last night, I just laid there motionless. When I got up to make that midnight water run I changed underwear and lo and behold...

The pain subsided somewhat.

I guess the moral is that the body likes what it likes and for me, the Hanes boxer-brief joints are not the way to go.


Been in Houston for a month now and it's been rough for me health wise. I've not been sharing how difficult it has been for me to function since getting here. My body seems to be breaking down due to overuse and lack of sleep. My diet has been shit as well. I actually came down here on a whim, a wing and a prayer seeing as I only know one person here. A month ago I had pneumonia and failed a work physical and Chicago was kicking my ass (it was below zero and not letting up), so I just came. Glad I did. The warm weather from the gulf has righted my ship internally, but physically I am still in need of repair. I can barely walk without pain. I cannot sleep and things seem to be getting worse. In actuality I've been non active since getting here trying to rest up and recoup before getting back on the road.

Don't cry for me Argentina, I found a Bikram college of yoga here and a gym membership. A little hot yoga and some extreme cardio and weight training will help me get right.


Also got offered positions with the Fed and the Metropolitan Transportation Authority. There are other offers on the table, but with the non-profit thing going full swing it's getting to be a little too much. I have to make a decision in the week and this will determine if I make Houston my home for a minute. I wanna make a decision but that means that I have to commit to something jobwise I might not be ready for, even if the money and security is damn good.


I could be in dire straights in my 300th post, but...

11 comments:

aquababie said...

congrats on the 300th post! i'm happy to hear about the work done on brown blogger :) and you know i'm happy to hear about the bikram...yeah yoga!

deepnthought said...

300... Is that all. lol just kidding.Congrats

proacTiff said...

Congrats! Keep purging.

Bananas said...

Congrats Dude! 300, wow, that's a lot of soul searchin' goin' on right there.

Keep on keepin' on!

DivineLavender said...

Congrats! You are like my Blogging Mentor/Pappi because you got me started blogging. You know I will be rolling up on my year soon...How time flies when you are blogging?

Thank you Hassan!

Peace and Hair Grease,

DivineLavender
Not Squirting Since 2006!

Tasha said...

Congrats, and I hope to see 300 more. Listen to your body, it's always right.

Keep on keepin on bruh

The Brown Blogger said...

Thanks y'all...

I have 300 Blogger posts but I've been doing my thing since 02 on my own domain, blog on MySpace and Yahoo 360 from time to time. I just got tired of maintaining all the code, Igot tired and came over here in 04'.

It's either a lot of work or a part of your life, especially when you keep running into folks of like mind along the way. I'm glad I stuck with it and kept blogging, I just wish others would stay in the game.

I have no choice to listen to my broken down body. I sounds like that singing rabbit on that Skittles commercial...

Luke Cage said...

Congrats, congrats... oh and.. CONGRATS MY BROTHA!!! Keep it coming!

Gemini Girl aka GG said...

drink lots of water!!!!!

Anonymous said...

The answer will come to you. Congrats on 300.

Gallis said...

Definitely do the yoga. It will get you right.

Congrats on 300!

I think the warm weather will do you a ton a good. I can relate to the winter thing. Nearly lost my damn mind in Toronto this year. It can be hard being in a new city. I remember being in NYC and knowing NOBODY. But I think you need the sun and the heat.