Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, July 16, 2007

Doors To Enter, Gates To Open

Most of you 'know' me:

My name is Hassan.

I am in my mid to late thirties.

I currently reside in Houston, Texas.

I work for SOPUS here in Houston.

Don't know? Look it up.

Mine is an important job.

I have a meeting today with my boss Michelle and a phone call with a man named Mike that will determine the rest of my life.

Seriously.

I am a writer.

I will also mention separately that I am a poet.

I thought I finished my opus "100 Shades Of Indigo" until it was edited and returned to me.

It threw me until recently.

I'm halfway done (again) with that project. I have done little since arriving in Texas to finish it.

I am working on finishing laying vocals and edits on a Hip Hop CD.

I only get sporadic chances to work on my music, my work schedule keeps me away.

I am also working with some cats in Chicago in efforts to distribute their album.

I blog 3 to 5 times a week.

I currently have 3 employers (contracts with two, agreed in principal with one Friday), but only work for one... For now.

I feel misplaced in Texas.

I read a lot of blogs and believe in the contact and community serious blogging brings.

Now comes the swerve...

I will no longer read all the blogs I read now. I will take more time to do what I consider more important things.

"100 Shades" will be finished in a newly agreed time line (says Morris Publishing).

After today, I will only have one employer.

Vocals and edits have now taken priority now that I am in a Pro Tools environment.

By close of business today I will have a Texas exit strategy (beat ya' G Dub!!!)

I will no longer blog 3 to 5 times a week.

I'm glad you come here to visit, but I understand now more than ever that my words (unless their being published and sold) have no merit, so I am submerging myself in activity... Actions to complete what needs to be completed, be where I'm most needed in business and where I want to be in comfort, and also serve a better purpose to myself and others in an effort to be more complete in my life.

I'm making myself whole y'all.

Don't wish me luck or give me accolades. Hell, don't even pray for me. Do nothing but watch me do my thing and nod your head like you know when you do read something here because you do and it makes sense. I'm the same cat, you're just going to see more 'ass and elbow' like mom used to say from a whole lotta' work.

I hope you do the same. It's almost closing time, what are you accomplishing?

15 comments:

T. S. Snowden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Little Brown Girl said...

*nodding....proudly*

Rose said...

watching ....

Gallis said...

And you give me hell everytime I don't feel like writing. LOL!

T. S. Snowden said...

The best is yet to come...

DivineLavender said...

Let's lighten the mood....When have you laughed so hard it brought tears to your eyes?

IF you had to think about...try doing something to do that tonight.


K?

The Brown Blogger said...

You mite, I smite, they smite... We all done smote...

I don't have that DVD, but I will listen to a little hippity hop...

Aly Cat 121 said...

Well do the dayum thing then. *snappin fingers*

Lola Gets said...

lol@ass and elbows.
L

Luke Cage said...

I only get sporadic chances to work on my music, my work schedule keeps me away.

Sounds like me, except exchange music for artwork. What I'm doing now is attempting to network my art through various online sites. ComicSpace, Airbrush.com, and Illustrators of the World Unite are just a few and working on websites for folks as well. Hey brotha Hassan. Question man?

Where does this leave BrownBloggers.org?

Miz JJ said...

I look forward to seeing what you do.

DivineLavender said...

*I am crying...I am watching that right now!*

Whew, my side, my side!

LMBAO

Ladynay said...

I'll continue to watch.

Muze said...

man. i so needed to read this today. i too have been procrastinating, my priorities jumbled like a spilled deck of cards. in my effort to make writing a career, i have nearly sabotaged it by putting too much on my plate with numerous article deadlines, blogs, etc. i have to stay focused and complete the re-editing of my book by the end of august. (says my publisher also...lol) thank you for reminding me of this.

i'll be watching and nodding from now on.

Anonymous said...

DO YOU!
I rather be able to go to BORDERS or any library and buy your book


simple as that