Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Post-It Note To A Nemisis... And Possible Adversary

I will never apologize for me being me
cause' that's the only thing I aspire to be
there were times in the past where you never looked to see
my actions and speech is the is that makes me free




It's not hard to know that I moved forward and you haven't
my food tastes better and the air is cleaner
I seem taller somehow and I couldn't put my finger on it until...


Until I realized that you were no longer attached to what's mine


and I didn't need stanzas or words to rhyme
cause' my heart is poetic and my soul keeps the time





No matter what is said and no matter what you do
I know the feel of free but I'm not so sure of you
you'll never overstand that it has to take a coup
to overcome the external that affects all you do

In other words... Just be you.
If you can do that, you just might make it through.


2008 Hassan Olumoroti Ntimbanjayo - Sho Nuff, Ya Dig

4 comments:

Bananas said...

"Just be you."

That's what I always say. It's the only thing a sain person can be sure about.

Darius T. Williams said...

Oh yea, this is hot man...great work here, for real!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Well all right!

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

im with D, thats tight