Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Monday Night Live

Damn, I almost forgot to blog.

Not that I forgot, forgot...

I have been a little busy visiting folks. See, my sister and her family came in from Texas and there is a 2 month old that I just had to meet and spend time with.

Ooooh, the progress from the new business venture is off the chain! Can't wait to tell the world. Okay, maybe I can. The moment you tell folks something, there is always a naysayer, a doubter a band wagon jumper and a silent hater claiming to give you the utmost support. All I can say is that there is nothing like being self employed...

I feel like DJay from 'Hustle And Flow' suggesting that certain folk to repeat saying "I'm in charge" because they never either actually said it or have been there. It's okay. It takes time for a lot of people to drop their conditioning. It's weird though because that's all I read about learning about the history of our country, including the sharecropper hustle our ancestors were a part of.

It's time to hit the road. My other half and I are headed to Cherokee Nation tomorrow to spend time with the folks for the remainder of the week. Pics, vids and on the road blogging to follow. Yobo seems eager to get back home. I'll be eager whenever we get off the road... The truck driver in me has some concern about road conditions, fatigue and the hurry up nature of unskilled drivers, hungry and chomping at the bit to get to grandma's house.

Congratulations to Joe Mauer. Get that money kid.

It's a new moon! Nikki would have rambled on and on about that and the power it emanates...

Hey, don't let visions of turkey and dressing keep you from making 3 calls to your senator and congressperson. The senate's debate next week looks like a difficult conversation to have with some democrats saying that they'll filibuster as well as most all republicans. Reform is something that needs to happen. It doesn't necessarily have to happen the way its proposed or written right now so... Let your voice as a constituent be heard since they're eating thanksgiving dinner on your dime...

If you see me in and around the mall and over there at that one strip mall over there politicking starting in December... No I won't be shopping but I will expect you to be buying something... And no, I'm not the manager.

Or the salesperson.





Cribs don't pay for themselves.




CONVOY!!!



.

4 comments:

Ladynay said...

*one eyebrow raised w/the side eye*

I will leave it alone till you're ready to speak on it.

Safe travels.

The Brown Blogger said...

Speak on what?

Big Mark 243 said...

I think she may be referencing to the big sucess you are having in your business venture.

Enjoy your holiday, bro!!

Ladynay said...

Yep, the new business venture stuff :-)