Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Naked And Unashamed

I really feel like things are about to go south for me real soon.


I've been thinking about death way too much these days. Ever since a close friend passed away and family members got sick, I can't seem to shake the specter of death. It consumes most of my free thinking time. I wish I didn't think so much, but I do and I don't know how to shake this one off.

My time is mostly spent brokering my free time around what will happen when I die. i know it will happen and I accept that. I just wish that I wouldn't obsess over it so damn much. It's almost like I want to die, like I'm waiting to see my life flash in front of me so I can have my eternal a-ha moment.

I'm in the meeting room alone, writing this.. thinking about death.

More later

4 comments:

Bunny Brown said...

Usually I think about death when someone close to me dies, wondering what it will be like when my time comes. Thought a tremendous amount about death during treatment, just way too much. Now I'm focusing on living a good, full life with some kind of purpose and believe me some days that is hard as hell.

Ladynay said...

Process the thoughts through so you can get to another phase.

Unknown said...

integrate your wordpress into forum
http://twurl.nl/muaomh

Harold The Encourager said...

I blogged about this same topic on November 11. Check it out.

http://enrichedandfocused.blogspot.com/2009/11/focus-point-of-day-one-day-it-will.html

Hopefully you can access the link. I enjoy reading your blog, don't stop. I know you said you planned to soon.