Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Monday, June 19, 2006

What's wrong with this man's face?


That is the look of pain and fatigue.


I had oral surgery (literally) Friday and had some things (check the pluralization) removed as well as some tissue (gum and cheek) rearranged to ensure proper alignment of the implants going in the back of the mouth. I forgot to rest because I came straight home and moved my second car (which ain't running) out of my parking space for lot maintenance, cleaned, packed and boxed Friday night, helped set up stuff in the park Saturday for the Puerto Rican Pride celebration in the park, was all out in the 100 degree sun and then kicked it with my man end em' Saturday night until like 4am.

And then I laid it down...

And didn't get out of the bed until D Wade had scored at least 20 on Dallas, attempted to get up and get something to eat (for the first time this weekend - missing teeth, sutures and wires make that a hard thing) had the worst conversation I could possibly have in life (you try talkin after having shit yanked outta your head) and end up getting pulled over and had my vehicle searched. Dude had the nerve to ask me how 'we' get fine cars to drive, like there's a special process for black folk in purchasing a new vehicle.

The whole right side of my head is in extreme pain, and I'm off to work.

Did I mention on how the phone didn't ring (or how I didn't call pops) this weekend? Good stuff, huh?

No comments: