Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Home?


I made it y'all.

Now to get the fuck outta here... That's the real mission.



but first... I gotta dig in and get twisted... Check this out:


I am so happy...

This is a happy, nappy day

Rejoicing to the Creator so I start it this way
Yo I sway to the with the trees
Open eyes to the breeze
That blows thru my window pane, it awakens me.

Another glorious day all up under the sun
Meditate manifestations on how it's done before my day is done
These are the thoughts that greet me

And I'm no longer sleepy

Gotta get out without a doubt and fellowship
With my fam - we connect - keep it relavant.

But first...

I gotta adorn my knots

Retwist my locks

Dig in my crops


Adjust my antennae, download the frequencies
Constantly adjusting - connecting recieving energies so I be

Protected, connected to the vibrations that greets me on the block

That's why I'm digging in my crops.

Blackfist - "Diggin' In My Crops"
from the upcoming Underground Moovment release "In A Hurry To Go Nowhere"



That's my weekend, y'all...

Be easy.

5 comments:

Ms_SoCal said...

Whewww!


Glad to know you made it home!

The Brown Blogger said...

THIS PLACE IS NOT MY HOME.

aquababie said...

well i'm glad to know you're doing ok. i never wrote a poem about my locs. maybe with the next ones ;)

The Brown Blogger said...

some people just don't get it...

princessdominique said...

You have been missed.