Version 2.0

Culture, healing, politics and bullshit - Not necessarily in that order

The general, socio-political and very personal rantings and ravings of a hip hop head from the hood hustling for change... Of himself.

You all know me and are aware that I am unable to remain silent. At times to be silent is to lie. For silence can be interpreted as acquiescence.
—Miguel de Unamuno



.
.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

An Open Letter To Furious Styles

Fear Furious,

You made a mess of things.

It's good to be back up in here albeit early, but when I logged on and saw the tonka truck colors I had to step in and take the blog back. I promise to not let alter egos get in and get out all willy nilly. And to think, I was going to let you blog for the whole week while I negotiated my new employment situation. Wow is all I got right now. "Konichiwa bitches?" Not a good idea to hand it off to you, huh?.

In the time I was out working on a permanent template for BrownBloggers, meeting potential employers and enhancing my calm and thangs, I was considering selling out. A little. I've been weighing out whether I should become a corporate whore which would stifle my creativity and give me back that 'boxed in' feeling I had when I was a cubicle junkie back a year and some change ago.

But then I read my hijacked blog and wondered where things went internally to make you jerk out like that and I wondered...

Would I blow up like that on a co-worker?

I figure that since you are the aggressive personality I shelved some time ago while searching for my true purpose that going back into corporate America would bring you out and get me fired or even better, sent to jail for felonious assault.

I have to re-shelve you for the time being so I can take this job and make things right. For the moment.

Although I don't want to go back to corporate and be a desk hockey I have to have you realize that I am currently living in a financial deficit and I need the boost that this job will give me. If I am not totally ready to get back on the road due to health, then this offer from the mega-giant, Texas oil monopoly will have to suffice until my blood pressure and heart rate is normal enough to get back to over the road status.

In other words. I have to do the dance and I need my rational personality running thangs until I can properly regulate my health. You have made me manic and have my stress levels out of control and I cannot qualify to drive the big rigs if I am stressed to the point where we're making the BP machine explode. And further more, little sis was right. With you as dominant personality I am more of a stroke and heart attack victim now more than ever.

And your workouts put blisters on my feet from running in the pool without aqua socks.

So until further notice and unless you're needed you are officially back in the recesses of my mind and will not touch the layout settings or anything else related to my blog or my life. Let me work this corporate gig until I am healthy enough to get back on the road, okay?

I'd appreciate that.

And quit playing with my background colors like that. I like my black template. Hulkamania this is not.

Sincerely,

Hassan O. Ntimbanjayo
The Brown Blogger

10 comments:

Beana said...

this i can get wit. the other had me a bit confused. But im new so...
:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm still trying to figure out why I haven't gotten a response from you him or anyone else concerning getting down with the Browness.

Gallis said...

Ah, I kinda liked that other dude. Made things lively. Still, nice to see ya back.

And don't worry about the corporate thing. I've never left as much as I've wanted to, but that paycheck is a consolation you need right now I think. Don't worry about. You'll get back on track.

Bananas said...

Damn! Another Superhero shot down in his prime.

Ain't that about-a-bitch?

T. S. Snowden said...

I understand the idea of being trapped in a situation/job. It is the reason I am on my current job search and publishing jag.
Corporate whoring is the new Black I think

aquababie said...

think of doing the corporate thing to finance the dream.

nikki said...

BWAAHAHAHAHA

yeah, get that damn furious bastid offa this blog.

and def do the corporate thing. you don't have to do it for long, just long enough to get ya thing started.

DivineLavender said...

I had to put on my MC Hammer Shades to read Furious page....


To Legit to Quit,

Hey, Hey!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

I musta missed Furious. I been off a few days.

BUT....

Man! I know you didn't just THINK about thumbing your nose at a pocket fulla scrilla!!!! Don't make me come and have to fight you! Be the first time I had to beat a dude to make him TAKE a job. And you don't want that because I fight dirty and WILL fart in your face to get an advantage. Okay... I fight REAL dirty...

Seriously though. Being a Corporate Creep is not a bad thing. Being unemployed, now that is bad. Trust me I KNOW the difference. Besides, a little financial security tends to let you concentrate on other things and lessens the worry and blood pressure. Me? I am all stressed because I don't get to wear all that business casual stuff I have. For that matter I am stressed because I don't even get to wear my nice Interview Suit. Could be worse, you could be me.

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Okay. I saw Furious. He should stay on as a "guest columnist". So was it you or he with the DigiBitchSlap? Whoever did that post definitely should be here regularly. Besides I don't wanna be the only one who mixes touchy-feely with murderous indignation!